Self-evaluation – Opie task
During the Opie task I had to
create a cartoon like image of myself using Photoshop. Inspired by Julia Opie
who had previously used this style design to edit album artwork. It was my task
to recreate this as a picture of myself. Firstly I had to take a picture of
myself using photo booth. Then we place this picture into Photoshop and began
to create a cartoon version of ourselves. In my opinion I believe that I had
picked this task up relatively easily and understood what I had to for this
Opie task. However the part that I had found most difficult was getting the
detail on the colours right as I found it difficult to get the right colours
for items of clothing, skin colour, and especially hair colour. However once I
had found the correct colour lassoing the selected area for example the hair
was difficult to get it perfect or at least to a suitable standard and it may
have took few try’s to get a desired effect. Also I feel that I enjoyed this
task as well which is an added bonus when completing this task as I felt
comfortable when using the program Photoshop, as I have had previous experience
using this program and had a decent understanding of how and what to use
through out the course of the Julia Opie task. I found a few problems when
using the Mac system, as I haven’t had a lot of experience using this as I have
used windows in the past as appose to what we now use. Overall I am happy with my final Opie task
picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment